The Administrative Assistant - Engineering is primarily responsible for supporting the building engineering team to ensure the department is efficient in its operations. This includes general administrative work, monitoring and tracking budgets as well
as building successful partnerships with tenants, vendors and suppliers. This position requires strong communication, organization and attention to detail. This role is a temp to perm position.
- Support the Engineering team with general administrative tasks and workflow.
- Manage the work order system. Monitor work orders to ensure timely acceptance by the maintenance team; partner with vendors as appropriate on day to day issues and escalate more serious issues immediately; and follow up on/close out work orders timely.
- Demonstrate positive customer service on a consistent basis, portraying a professional, courteous and problem-solving attitude in all interactions.
- Track and maintain budgets for operations, tenant improvements and capital projects
- Work with external vendors to obtain proposals as well as to process and follow-up on supply orders.
- Track preventative maintenance logs and schedule work as appropriate.
- Assist Chief Engineer with project management as necessary.
- Support the Accounts Payable function though vendor set up, invoice coding and calculations of accruals for the engineering department.
- Assist with supporting needs of vendors while they are on property.
- Support the Property Management team on miscellaneous projects including covering for the Tenant Service Coordinator when necessary.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service and administrative experience.
- Property management and/or building engineering experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and a passion for working in commercial real estate.
- Competent in use of computer and Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.Prior AVID and MRI experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with internal and external clients to achieve business results through teamwork.
- Ability to use best judgment to problem solve and/or elevate concerns appropriately.
- Desire and ability to successfully work within a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ADA@TIERREIT.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.