The TIER REIT Financial Manager is responsible for the accounting processes at properties within their assigned market(s). Assigned markets are generally comprised of either a single large property or multiple buildings/, but may vary due to market complexity.
This role partners with property management and asset management teams to drive business results, lead property planning/reforecasting, prepare financial reports, perform ad hoc analysis as well as complete all other assigned property related accounting functions.
The Financial Manager works closely with multiple properties and departments within the Company. The portfolio for this role will be our property at The Terrace near Barton Creek and Third & Shoal in downtown Austin.
Financial Planning and Reforecasting:
- Collaborate with assigned property leadership to provide reforecasting based on variance from budget for all revenue and expense items to Asset Management and FP&A departments.
- Manage the preparation of individual properties operating budget in partnership with property management leadership.
- Prepare schedules for common area maintenance (CAM) pools and cap rates as required by leases and in partnership with property leadership.
- Collaborate with Property Tax resource to assist in negotiating of property tax assessments.
- Oversee invoice preparation, payment and approval processes as well as work order billing.
- Ensure rent payments are received timely and partner with property leadership to collect as required.Track late charges, billing accordingly as well as sending notice and default letters as approved by property management.
- Collaborate with assigned property leadership and Corporate Accounting on CAM refunds or payments to/from tenants.
- Execute on-going audit of CAM pools of each property.
- Provide property level lease administration including commencement letter generation, rent start up letters, letters of credit and security deposit management, in partnership with property leadership or Tenant Services Coordinator as appropriate.
- Prepare all repair and maintenance, capital projects and tenant improvement jobs tracking worksheets, ensuring all spending is captured and applicable billing is complete prior to closing each project.
- Prepare all necessary monthly, quarterly, year-end and ad hoc reports that include accruals, A/R status reports and construction progress.
- Review monthly MRI rent up and GL in partnership with property leadership and prepare journal entries, quarterly accruals and reclassifications as necessary.
- Notify and bill GSA tax obligations timely and track remittances, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field of study.
- Minimum four (4) years of relative real estate accounting experience.
- Proficiecy with MRI, Workspeed, Realogic and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of lease structures and content, tenant improvement construction and capital project management.
- Advanced knowledge of common area maintenance processes.
- Ability to work days/hours required to perform all assigned job functions.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail across all responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong partnership and leadership skills to successfully work on efficient and effective teams.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to permit multi-tasking.
- Must be available to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, property management, tenants and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and employer goals.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ADA@TIERREIT.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.